Our History..... In 1886 several pioneer families, desiring a place to worship, met, formed a charter and purchased a tract of land to build a Church of Christ, later changed to First Christian Church. A one- room building was constructed and a minister hired. Attendance grew, and 100 people had been baptized 1890. The Ladies Aid, a helpful church organization, was formed in 1888. Through the years, a basement was dug, stain glass windows were installed, remodeling and additions including an educational center in 1966. In 2004, a welcome addition was made across the street... the Life Ministry Center (LMC) contains additional classrooms and nurseries, a kitchen, and fellowship hall. Though attendance has varied through the years, currently, the little white church on the comer is filled with nearly 65 or more members and visitors every Sunday morning.
Our History…… In 1876, three families of Friends met in a dugout for worship two and one-half miles southwest of Glen Elder. This group grew and became Glen Elder Friends Meeting in 1878. In 1900, two groups were formed: Mother Meeting being the first and South Fairview the second meeting. In 1900, these two meetings united as Glen View Friends and dedicated their new building southwest of Glen Elder in 1922. In 1966, when the Glen Elder Dam was constructed, the Glen View Church building was sold. The people relocated the Friends Meeting in a new building which was built in Glen Elder. Dedication services for the present Glen Elder Friends Church were held December 10, 1967.
Our History….. In July of 2023, the church disaffiliated and became an independent church named First Methodist Church of Glen Elder. Originally, a Methodist class was organized in 1872 before there was a building. A cornerstone was laid about 1880 for the construction of the pioneer stone church. After 35 years the church, in bad repair and too small to accommodate services, it was decided a new church should be constructed. At the Methodist church's current location a red brick house of worship was built and dedicated, September 30, 1917. In 1968, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Evangelical United Brethren joined, making the church known as the United Methodist Church.
OTHER AREA CHURCHES