GE City Swimming Pool
Brandi Duskie, Manager Pool Phone: 785-545-3298
Pool Location: 100 N. Market St.
Pool Opens: Saturday, May TBA 2019
Last Day of the Season: Saturday, August TBA 2019
Pool Hours: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM Daily
Private Parties Rates
KNOW, UNDERSTAND & OBEY THE FOLLOWING RULES
- POSTED RULES and VERBAL INSTRUCTIONS of lifeguards and other staff are to be strictly followed.Only WALK on the deck -- NO RUNNING and JUMPING, or doing FLIPS OFF THE SIDE OF THE POOL.
- NO HORSEPLAY, such as running, splashing, shoving or dunking is allowed.
- NO COOLERS or GLASS containers in pool area.
- Children 6 years of age and under 4 foot tall MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT.
- DIVING BOARDS…1 PERSON on the board at a time…1 BOUNCE per person…WAIT until the person jumping before you is OUT OF THE WAY before you jump…NO CARTWHEELS or BUTT SPANKS off the board…RUNNING DIVESare NOT allowed...users must be able to swim the WIDTH of the pool before diving.
- NO GUM allowed in the pool area or sold at the snack bar.
- Profanity and improper behavior are NOT allowed.
- Throwing of objects is NOT allowed.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the pool or concession stand area. Smokers will be asked to leave the facility.
- Persons with infected eyes, skin irritations, open wounds, sores or bandages are NOT permitted in the pool area.
- NO personal floatation devices allowed, such as mattresses, rubber balls, inner tubes, or water rings...EXCEPTunder the direct supervision of adults for young children.
- ALL individuals using the pool must wear an appropriate swimming suit…NO CUT-OFFS.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed In pool area or park.
- ALL patrons MUST SHOWER before entering the pool.
- The pool opens for the season the Saturday of Memorial weekend and closes in August prior to the start of school.
- The pool will be open seven days a week from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m.--- NOTE: The pool may close if there are LESS THAN 10 individuals swimming.
- The pool will NOT be opened if the weather temperature is 70 DEGREES OR LESS; the pool manager will put a NOTICE on local T.V. channel 12 at Cunningham Cable T.V
- At the FIRST FLASH OF LIGHTENING, the pool will be evacuated immediately. ONE LONG WHISTLE, PLUS a verbal command about the storm and directions to shelter will be given in case of bad weather.
- Umbrellas will be up and used on all sunny days.
- Parent WILL BE CALLED at home/work in the event their child suffers a major injury…broken bones, deep cuts, head injuries, spinal injury, etc.
- NO CHILDREN OVER THE AGE OF 6 may be in the baby pool or wading pool, especially during breaks.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 6 must be accompanied by an adult or babysitter. A disclaimer, relieving city and any management of any responsibility, MUST BE SIGNED BY A PARENT before any child UNDER 6 YEARS OF AGEcan be accompanied into the pool by a baby sitter